There’s a very good reason why the Harry Potter books sold over 450 million copies worldwide and that’s because people just love getting lost in a world that’s filled with magic and excitement. So wouldn’t it be a great idea to invite your muggle born friends and family to what will certainly be the most magical day of your lives (and probably theirs too.) Not only will you have an amazing backdrop for perfect photos but you can also say that you’ve had the greatest wedding in all of Hogwarts history! So without you having to go all the way to the Harry Potter Studios, we’re going to give you a whole bunch of hints and tips to bring your Harry Potter themed wedding to life.
1. So, let’s start with the wedding invitations. Magical and authentic invitations are a great way to set the tone for your guests. You could even go the extra mile and add some real wax seals to them. A sure fire way to bring your guests into the magic and spectacle and also set the tone for what your wedding has in store.
2. A wedding cake that comes complete with a golden snitch looks fantastic against a gothic backdrop.
3. For the seating arrangement, why not have all the house names such as Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Who will be sat on team Slytherin? You could really have some fun with this one?
4. As well as having the house names, you could also have winged keys suspended from the ceiling. Attach your guests names to the keys along with the house name they belong to. This will be the key to their seat. This is such an amazing table plan, your guests are bound to be impressed.
5. For the wedding favours, why not have a jar on each table filled with Bertie Botts every flavour beans. Will your guests dare to indulge?
6. Alternatively you could give your guests a golden snitch as a favour. Also known as a fancy ferrero rocher chocolate with white paper wings attatched to each side. We absolutely love this idea!
7. Or if you wanted to offer your guests an alcoholic beverage, you could create a potion for them to drink … If they dare!
8. For the signage, try and include as many characters and place names into them as possible. This will add to the awesome theme you’re trying to create. We absolutely love how the sorting hat has been incorporated into this sign.
9. For the table runners, why not have pages from an old Harry Potter book attached to the ends.
10. Now for the entertainment and this needn’t be expensive. You could simply add some Harry Potter themed props and there you have it! You’ve created your very own photobooth which your guests will love!
11. You could even incorporate the theme into your food and drinks. We absolutely love these homemade cocktails of butterbeer.
12. This beautiful quote from Harry Potter will work perfectly hanging on the backs of your chairs. This is also such a lovely photo opportunity.
13. What wedding would be complete without some wedding decorations? We love the idea of having some old briefcases dotted around. Your guests will really feel like they’ve just arrived at Hogwarts.
14. Now, who could forget the magical floating candles in the Great Hall? Believe it or not, there are so many tutorials to create your very own floating candles. Just check out our themed wedding board on Pinterest to find out how it can be done.
So, if Expecto Patronum, Platform nine and three quarters and Hogwarts means absolutely nothing to you then this probably isn’t for you but if, on the other hand, it fills you with excitement and transports you into a world that’s filled with magic and opportunities, then you won’t go far wrong recreating this theme which your guests will absolutely love. Your guests will be talking about the magic of your big day for many more years to come!