Here at Fund Your Wedding, we think this delicious rum ball recipe is the perfect ‘Do It Yourself’ wedding favour recipe. They are quick and easy to make, they can be made hours in advance of your big day and there are tonnes of ways to package them to make them look the part.
What you need:
- 1 Packet of plain sweet biscuits (We think Nice biscuits work perfectly)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (Sifted)
- Desiccated coconut
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 – 3 tbsp dark rum
1. Place the biscuits in a bowl and crush until crumbly.
2. Add cocoa powder, one cup of dessicated coconut, condensed milk and rum to the biscuits and mix until combined
3. If your mixture isn’t stiff enough to hold their shape when rolled into balls, refridgerate the mix for 30 minutes.
4. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into balls using your hands, then roll them in dessicated coconut to finish. To present as favours, these rum balls can be placed in glass jars, covered with cloth and tied with string, they can be placed in truffle cases and presented in a box or can simply be wrapped in cellophane and tied with ribbon. It really is that simple! And they taste amazing! These rum balls are sure to go down a treat with your wedding guests! If you really wanted to wow your wedding party, you could even try rolling them in edible glitter instead of the coconut.
Find another wedding favour recipe by clicking here.
Like us on Facebook for even more wedding inspiration.